www.twitter.com/Writer_CHensley or at the bottom of this form ~
Book Club Questions for Echoes of Pemberley by Cynthia Ingram Hensley
- The original title of Pride and Prejudice was First Impressions. Would these titles—either of them—fit this modern continuation of Jane Austen’s classic?
- Many of the characters in Echoes of Pemberley have Regency counterparts in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. How would you compare and contrast: Catie Darcy and Georgiana Darcy? Bennet Darcy and his Regency grandfather, Fitzwilliam Darcy? Sarah Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet? Audrey Tillman and Lydia Bennet? Aiden Hirst and George Wickham? Sean Kelly and Elizabeth Bennet?
- In exploring the complicated relationship between Catie and her brother/guardian Ben, would you say he is too overprotective of his sister? Does he have a reason to be?
- As Sean and Catie’s summer progresses, is there a “turning point” on how they view each other?
- Is Sean Kelly prideful, prejudice, or both? Answer the same for Catie Darcy.
- Although it has been more than 200 years since the release of Pride and Prejudice, does there remain a few understood or unstated social protocols in regards to women/girls?
- How does finding Mary Darcy’s diary affect Catie’s budding love for Sean Kelly?
- Why does Charles Worthington’s scheme and betrayal affect Bennet Darcy so deeply?
- We might all be the better for having a Rose Todd or Sarah Darcy in our life. How did these characters influence the other characters and the eventual outcome of the novel?
- Conjecture the future of Sean Kelly and Catie Darcy and then read The Heart Does Whisper!
Book Club Questions for The Heart Does Whisper by Cynthia Ingram Hensley
- What are some early challenges that Sean and Catie face as a married couple?
- Compare and contrast Sean and Catie’s courtship and subsequent marriage with that of Fitzwillaim Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet’s.
- Having gotten to know Bennet Darcy in Echoes of Pemberley, how would you best describe his acceptance of Sean and Catie’s marriage? Was his reaction what you expected — why or why not?
- Have you ever traveled to a foreign country or different part of your own country and felt out of place? What were Catie’s biggest challenges as a newcomer to America?
- Who is Annabelle Montague’s character counterpart from Pride and Prejudice? What is it about these characters that make us love to hate them?
- What roles do Hugh Middleton, Prissy Middleton, and Etta Oliver fill for the newlyweds in Savannah?
- How did the mute student, Toby Patterson, make Sean grow as a professional and as a husband?
- In what ways would you say Annabelle Montague changed Catie’s perspective on life?
- Was Seamus Kelly’s original dreams for his eldest son so unrealistic?
- Do we really marry our father – our mother? In your opinion how are Catie and Emma similar? Sean and Catie’s father? Sean and Ben?
- Does the future look happy or troublesome for our newlyweds?
If you would like free copies of these questions mailed to you, please fill out the contact information below and someone will be in contact with you. Thank you for considering Echoes of Pemberley and The Heart Does Whisper for your book club!
“Click” below to purchase novels by Cynthia Ingram Hensley: